Duties and Responsibilities
Summary: Using established processes and procedures, crate technicians perform tasks of crate building from start to finish with little or no supervision.
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities
- Strong knowledge of lumber materials and fasteners.
- Confident with various wood working equipment (table saws, radial arm, handhelds, ect).
- Proficient with crate design and construction.
- Able to work in a team environment with other assembler and cutters. Responsible for keeping builds on schedule and able to adjust accordingly to meet customer demands.
- Forklift experience and DOT medical card for delivery of products a plus.
- Understanding of packing non-standard items such as aircraft parts, medical supplies, communications equipment, etc.
- Assist in routine and basics maintenance and upkeep of machinery and equipment on a regular basis, e.g., oiling, cleaning, filter changing, etc.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Some knowledge of routine packing procedures.
- Basic knowledge of carpentry techniques.
- General understanding of wood materials and lumber.
- Strong work ethic with ability to work in a high energy environment.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to apply basic mathematical skills when building, cutting, and measuring.
- Ability to use power tools and machinery.
- Ability to operate a forklift
Work may include exposure to drafts, noise, dust, strong odors, the operation of mechanical equipment (e.g. forklifts and motor vehicles); extended periods of standing, walking and bending; and lifting light to very heavy objects and equipment.
Tools used in this occupation: Full range of power and hand tools, saws, heat gun, mechanical banding, ect.
Technology used in this occupation: Basic computer applications
Experience: 1 year of related experience preferable but not required.
Education: High school diploma or GED equivalent.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to handle; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, bend, crouch or crawl. The employee must also occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds or more.
Leadfoot Solutions, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.