Driver positions at Leadfoot Express have a starting range of $12 – $16/hour depending on your level of experience, currently-held licenses and certifications, as well as the particular driver role you’re aiming for. Depending on your goals, we have full-time options available to suit those looking for a flexible schedule OR a consistent schedule. Based on performance, you may be eligible for $1/hour increases at each of 90 days and 180 days.
Leadfoot Express is a locally owned shipping and courier service that transports products for businesses of all sizes, from local deliveries to regional or national next flight out. The demand for what we do is high and we are looking to add Drivers to join our team. Help improve our nation’s supply chain and the economy—no experience necessary.
As a full-time Leadfoot Driver, you’ll help transport products safely and responsibly for our customers in a timely manner, adhering to industry regulations. This role will have daily face-to-face interactions with customers so your ability to communicate in a courteous and professional manner is paramount as you represent the Leadfoot Express team’s standards for service excellence.
Our customers rely on Leadfoot to deliver for them promptly and safely. Our goals are achieved, and our customer’s expectations are exceeded, by working closely with the Leadfoot Dispatch team to ensure timely delivery. Your ability to communicate, accept constructive feedback, and be detail oriented makes you the perfect candidate for this position.
Once trained, you’ll be expected to take responsibility for your assigned tasks and see them through with minimal supervision. We’ll equip you with everything you need to deliver top-notch service to our extensive and diverse customer base.
Since our team members join with many different levels of experience, we foster a teaching and learning environment where everyone helps each other to be the best they can be.
This is NOT a contract position but a full-time position offering steady employment with benefits—including Life/Health/Dental Insurance! In addition, we believe in working hard and playing hard, so we offer (and look for opportunities for you to take advantage of) Paid Time Off. PTO is earned with each hour you work and starts accruing after 90 days of employment.
As an additional perk, we always look for ways to help our team members grow. We prefer to recruit and promote from within and want to see you grow your career with us, including moving into a driver positions that participate in our Revenue Sharing Program.
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities
Once you’re fully trained, you will be responsible for:
- Shipping and receiving customer orders, completing paperwork, and checking in/out of our electronic dispatch system
- Coordinating pickup and delivery operations with Dispatch while sticking to pickup and delivery times, routes, overtime, and vehicle capacity requirements
- Maintaining DOT, TSA & HAZMAT safety regulations as well as reporting any safety issues or concerns
- Working with Leadfoot Dispatch to ensure deliveries and/or routes are handled efficiently
- Maintaining and promoting a clean and safe work environment and vehicle while being willing to teach fellow team members the value of safe operation
- Completing Pre-/Post Trip inspections
- Washing and fueling vehicles as needed
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Comfortable using various apps/mobile devices to accomplish day-to-day activities
- Willingness to learn and apply DOT/HAZMAT regulations
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to apply basic mathematical skills for measuring, weighing, etc.
- Ability to operate a forklift for loading and unloading, as needed. We’ll help you get licensed if you aren’t already
- Driven work ethic with the ability to multitask with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment
- Valid driver’s license appropriate to the type of Vehicle being operated. If you don’t have the proper license for the type of driver position you’re aiming for, we’ll help you get there!
- Basic understanding of GPS software and ability to read a map
We foster a teaching and learning environment where everyone helps each other, and great ideas can come from anyone. Daily work is fast-paced as we work hard to exceed our customer’s expectations in everything we do.
- Experience: No professional driving experience is required.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Special certifications: If needed, acquire and maintain DOT certification, forklift, TSA, and/or HAZMAT certifications.
- Minimum 23 years of age (per insurance regulations)
- Must be able to pass a drug test
- Must pass a criminal background check
- Must pass a physical
- Must have a solid driving record