With a knowledge of transportation, logistics, and leadership experience, successful logistic coordinators answer phone calls, process order requests, dispatch orders to drivers to meet customer needs and capacity requirements. Using established standard operating procedures, logistics coordinators provide exemplary service to our broad range of clients while providing guidance to drivers regarding pick-ups and deliveries.
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities
Once you’re fully trained, you will be responsible for:
- Receiving and inputing orders into a web-based electronic dispatch system
- Coordinating pickup and delivery operations with drivers while considering timing, driver availability, routes, overtime, and capacity requirements
- Ensuring operational excellence and customer support through a willingness to correct and adapt to real-time requirements
- Providing positive and timely feedback to drivers while communicating with your fellow logistics coordinators and leadership
- Maintaining and promoting a clean and safe work environment by living and teaching the values of safety
- Working with leadership on improving deliveries and routes
- Assigning vehicles to drivers and order
- Maintaining a positive attitude, being ready to teach, promote, and live our our core values
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to operate various types of computer software (i.e. Microsoft Office, web-based applications, etc.)
- Ability to operate multi-line phone system
- Willingness to learn and apply DOT/HAZMAT regulations
- Ability to apply basic mathematical skills when measuring and weighing
- Ability to operate a forklift for loading and unloading, as needed. We’ll help you get licensed if you aren’t already
- Driven work ethic with the ability to multitask with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment
We foster a teaching and learning environment where everyone helps each other, and great ideas can come from anyone. Daily work is fast-paced as we work hard to exceed our customer’s expectations in everything we do.
- Experience: Previous customer service and/or two (2) years in the transportation industry preferred but not required.
- Education: College degree preferred but not required
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Must be able to acquire and maintain a forklift certification